Wednesday, October 11, 2023

FanArt_ink.Wander

MTGinktober moseys into Day 11, "Wander," starring Balan, Wandering Knight (Mai Okuma version); Fblthp, the Lost (Tetsu Kurosawa version); and Cairn Wanderer!

I was of course almost going to do a Wanderer piece, potentially a direct sequel to last year's "Kind" piece, since we seem to be doing more sequels this year for whatever reason, but I just can't sit well with doing the most obvious thing.  So I went with not just Balan, but the Animu version, with corresponding Fblthp, to boot, since--all respect to the legendary Jesper--I am not crazy about his official card's design.  And then I thought of Cairn Wanderer as a sorta more timid member of the group.

Fun Facts:  Wow, I'm shocked, but this is Fblthp's MTGinktober debut.  These guys are like a team of explorers-for-hire who specialize in just aimlessly traveling.  If you need that peculiarly pointless job performed, they're your crew.

Easter Eggs: The background comes from the original Balan's cairny background.  And my sig is in the grass in the background.  I also almost forgot her hair in the original pencils.

 
But I caught the miss in the nick of time before inks!

Reuxben

No comments: