Wednesday, October 18, 2023

FanArt_ink.Saddle

MTGinktober giddies up to Day 18, "Saddle," starring Lady Zhurong, Warrior Queen and Saddleback Lagac!

All I knew for this one was that we were finally Horsemanshipping it up at long last, since I've been meaning to draw a Portal: Three Kingdoms legend and this prompt was perfect for it.  And then who better to saddle up than personal favorite card name, Saddleback Lagac?

Fun Facts:  This was our first significant ink smear of the season.  Fortunately, it was right where I could easily work around.  So as far as MTGinktober debuts, this one was full of them wire to wire.

Here's the culprit.  I use an Ace Super Cup lid to help me balance on long stretches when my regular paper guard is too big, but there's always the risk of it hitting some drying ink, and indeed it did here.

Easter Eggs:  I know she's sourced from China, but I couldn't help but do some ukiyo-e inspired backgrounds.  We've got elements from Misty Moonlight and by Mizuno Toshikata Autumn Maple by Kamisaka Sekka.

Reuxben

No comments: